We’ve all been there: Quarterly or Annual taxes are due and you have months of receipts to dig through to make sure you’re getting all of your deductions. Stop the madness with the Shoeboxed Profile Maker for ScanSnap.
Connect your ScanSnap to Shoeboxed and scan your receipts directly into Shoeboxed where they will be stored in an IRS accepted archive. Your scanned receipts will be data entered, human-verified, and ready for export to your bookkeeping or accounting software. It is as simple as installing the Shoeboxed Profile Maker and clicking ‘Scan to Shoeboxed’.
“Don’t have a Shoeboxed account yet? Click here for a special offer for ScanSnap users. (You will see the coupon code has been applied after you enter your contact information and choose which plan level you want to start on). Then just install the Shoeboxed Profile Maker.”
Now that you’ve got the best system in place to get ready and stay ready for taxes, here are 5 more ways you can stay ahead of Uncle Sam.
1) Create a system that works for you. Avoid that panicked feeling of trying to find all your deductible expenses when you’re already at the deadline by creating a foolproof system. Set a calendar reminder once per week to scan your paper receipts and forward your email receipts to your Shoeboxed email address.
2) Scan your bank statements or download the PDF from your bank. Most banks only store your statements online for a period of 3-6 months. This is great until April 2014 rolls around and you need your statement from February 2013. Scan or email your statements as soon as you get them and Shoeboxed will store them forever.
3) Become your own bookkeeper. There is no reason to pay a bookkeeper anymore. With all of the virtually automated bookkeeping solutions available, you don’t need an actual person doing it for you. Save the money you would pay someone and devote it to other parts of your business.
4) Automate your finances. Regardless of how many credit cards or bank accounts you have, it’s always smart to consolidate how you track your spending. Shoeboxed is integrated with tools like QuickBooks, Xero and WorkingPoint to make sure that staying on top of your finances is painless.
5) Keep your Accountant in the loop. Having a transparent relationship with your accountant is the best way to prepare for tax season. Shoeboxed’s Account Sharing feature allows your accountant to create his or her own login to your account and ensure that you are maximizing your deductions and not overpaying Uncle Sam.
The Shoeboxed Team