Celebrate World Paper Free Day 2015 with AIIMOctober 21, 2015
How to Keep Your Documents Secure – National Cyber Security Awareness MonthOctober 27, 2015
Your friend is complaining about the stacks of paper in their office that they can no longer manage. Being the helpful friend that you are, you have recommended the ScanSnap iX500 to help her digitize all of her scattered documents. Here are the steps that you provide for your friend in order to get them started with the ScanSnap iX500!
- Everything that you need to start your paperless life will come packaged in the ScanSnap iX500 box. There will be the ScanSnap iX500, ScanSnap installation CD, AC adaptor, along with the USB cord. You can download the software by using the CD that comes packaged in the box or you can download it online as well.
- Once the software is installed, connect your iX500 via the USB cord that is provided. The wizard setup tool will launch after the connection has been made.
- During the wizard setup, you will have the option to configure your iX500 and set up the wireless feature. You can do this by turning on the Wi-Fi switch located at the back of your scanner and follow the instructions provided.
- Once setup is finished, you will now be able to use your scanner. After you scan your documents, the Quick Menu will appear which will provide you with several options to send your scans to.
- Not only are you able to scan wirelessly to your computer (one computer at a time), you have the option to scan to mobile devices using the free ScanSnap Connect application. At the time of scanning, only one mobile device can have the ScanSnap Connect application launched and it must be on the same network as the scanner.
- The ScanSnap iX500 also comes with a carrier sheet that assists with the auto stitching feature. This gives you the ability to scan an 11×17 document. Simply fold the document, place it in the carrier sheet, scan one side, flip it over and scan the other side. The scanned document will automatically stitch the document together to provide the full scan of the 11×17 document.
- The Technical Assistance Center can be reached at 800-626-4686 if there are any questions that arise while using the ScanSnap iX500. You can also read the “Getting Started with ScanSnap” article for further tips.
If you aren’t too tech savvy or very familiar with scanning, have no fear! The overall the concept of ScanSnap is that it is simple and easy to use. The ScanSnap iX500 will get the job done for both you, and your friend!
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.