Congratulations, you decided that the ScanSnap iX100 is the perfect scanner for your mobile lifestyle and it just arrived at your front door! You already know it can scan contracts, business cards and receipts on-the-go but some guidance getting started would be helpful. Well, look no further. Here is a compilation of information and resources to help get you started with your new mobile scanner:
1. When you first unbox the iX100 you’ll find operating documentation, a software DVD, a micro USB cable, and the scanner itself. If you are going to use the scanner with your computer, make sure to install the ScanSnap Manager software before connecting the iX100 to your computer. You can either use the installation DVD or download the software on our ScanSnap Support Site.
2. Once the software is installed, you will be prompted to connect the iX100 to your computer using the included micro USB cable. The ScanSnap Manager software should recognize the iX100 and begin a wizard setup tool.
3. The wizard will guide you through a series of simple setup instructions, including the option to configure wireless setup. If you want to set up your iX100 to scan wirelessly, turn on the Wi-Fi switch on the back of the scanner, and follow the instructions on your screen. If you are a visual learner like me, this step-by-step video might be helpful.
4. After the setup is complete, you are ready to start scanning to your computer. Simply place a document face up in the feeder and press the blue ‘Scan/Stop’ button. As soon as the scan is complete, the Quick Menu will pop up on your screen showing you the options for what you can do with your scan.
5. You can also connect to your Wi-Fi router and scan wirelessly to your mobile device. First, download the free ScanSnap Connect Application on your mobile device (available for iOS, Android, and/or Kindle Fire). When you initially launch the app, it will detect the iX100 and ask you to enter in a password which is located on the bottom of the scanner. When the blue ‘Scan’ button on your mobile device is illuminated, the iX100 is ready to scan.
6. A valuable ScanSnap feature unique to the iX100 is the ability to scan using Direct Connect mode. When you are out-and-about and there is no Wi-Fi network available, your iX100 is capable of transmitting its own small Wi-Fi network so you can still scan documents to your mobile device! Here’s a video that shows how:
7. Aside from Direct Connect Mode there are some other useful features that debuted with the release of the iX100. Using Auto Stitch, you can scan an 11″ x 17″ image without a carrier sheet, and with Dual-Scan you can now scan two smaller documents at the same time.
8. You might have some questions about how to use different settings within the ScanSnap Manager software. Here is a link to a “Getting Started with ScanSnap” article that answers our most frequently asked questions from new users: http://scansnapcommunity.com/tips-tricks/11866-new-scansnap-start/
Good luck and happy mobile scanning!
Fujitsu Computer Products of America, Inc.